Here's five tips for making the best use of your new Facebook button.
1. Choose a Facebook button that stands out. Otherwise it will blend in and people won't see it.
2. Place your Facebook button strategicaly in a place where people will see it. If you have a long scrolling site, the footer is not the best place to put your facebook button.
3. Use a "call to action." Tell people why they should follow you on Facebook. EX: Follow us on Facebook for news, tips, and discounts.
4. Put your Facebook on your "Thank You" page after someone has completed an order, sale, or form submission. This one of the most effective places to gain followers.
5. Include your Facebook button in your email newsletter.